Sunday, October 09, 2005

Sparkles

sparkle water


The water on the lake last week was a murky brown, so I thought the picture would look better converted to greyscale. The sparkles are real. It was the kind you can stare at and get hypnotized.

The weather turned grey and cold. Headaches were moderate, but eye pain was intense. I tried allergy medicine, sinus medicine, plain ibuprofin, and even my migraine medicine. I was around cigarette smoke Saturday night, so the migraine medicine solved that problem. The eye pain just keeps coming back. Tried my Patanol eye drops. It made the pain go away for an hour or two, but as soon as the medicine wears off - boom.

Can't clean for two main reasons. Moving around too much creates pain and smells of the cleaning solution makes me sick. Can't cook because of smells. Can't watch movies or work on the computer because the light hurts my eyes. Of course, you can't read.

Weather is very wet and cold. Walking/exercise of any kind causes headache to increase.

Saturday I had plans, I baked lasagna and cupcakes for the gathering at my brother's house. So I take what medicine I can and ignore the pain. I was around my family and we laughed so hard. It really irritates me, because it made my head pound so bad. All I wanted was to be with my loved ones and laugh and have a good time! Grrrrr!

Sunday I just lay around quietly. I would get up and do some things but slowly and quietly. Small chores. Warm fuzzy blankets. Turned the furnace on when we came home last evening. Poor bird was shivering.

I resisted napping. If I sleep during the day it may affect my sleeping at night. Two of my sisters were telling me they also are having problems sleeping. We have "early morning insomnia" where we are tired and fall asleep pretty quickly when we go to bed, but wake up anywhere between two a.m. and five a.m. and cannot get back to sleep. For me, I usually fall asleep twenty minutes before the alarm is supposed to go off. I hate that! My Mom was an early riser. Always up between four a.m. and five. Rarely did she sleep past five-thirty.

Six of us got together yesterday to do more cleaning at my Mom's old house. I chose the date and was chided pretty good for it. You couldn't ask for much worse weather. Cold steel rain. We kept each others spirits up pretty good and laughed a LOT. We go in a group like this because by ourselves we get too melancholy and depressed. As a group we laugh at and with one another. We have so much to tell and talk about, sometimes very little work gets done. One brother found a huge rubber snake. I was spared his scare tactic, but he did get my other brother pretty good.

I am the youngest and just like the children's playground game 'Crack the whip' I am at the end of the line and get flung around pretty hard. This is the thought I woke up with this morning. It came to me during the half-asleep stage just upon awakening. For whatever it means.

Well, the eyes have about had it. I am way behind in my reading.

1 comment:

Tabor said...

Here I sit blogging at 3:13 AM. I have been up for about an hour. I have that same stupid sleeping problem. At least tomorrow--whoops---today---I don't have to go to work and try to stay awake in the afternoon. I still wake up warm and sweaty, so even though I am past menopause, I think I still have the nightsweats! I hope this sleep pattern stops when I retire.