Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Greener Grass

goats


I took a road off the beaten path. I came across Harmony Valley. We all know who wants harmony in the world, right? Yoko Ono? No, no. The Amish. Don't fret about the goats above. When I drove past, they ran back under the fence to safety. The grass is always greener on the other side.

2 comments:

Tabor said...

I am not really sure that I get the purpose of the fence. Since Amish are so conservative I have to assume it is not just for decoration. But it certainly isn't to fence animals in!!!

Peruby said...

It may not have been an Amish residence, but I'm not sure. There were a lot of goats tied by the side of the road, too.

Some of the homes of the Amish in the area have landscaped and decorated their yards quite nicely.

There may have been other animals in the fence, I don't recall.