Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Aliens among us

alien


When I saw this photo of a man walking in the rain-soaked streets just prior to Katrina, my first thought was "That looks like an alien." I still giggle when I see it.

Although, I am not at all amused by the total chaos happening in the wake of the hurricane. I am troubled, speachless, bowled-over and anxious. What can I do? What is the best course of action? Send money,
I suppose.

I have one heck of a week coming up. With gas prices jumping higher, I find myself looking at five trips north this week alone. Sometimes it just happens that way. Not work related. Sigh.

What is with my Daisyloo? I moved her from the patio to the front yard. She was leaning up against the front porch railing. I had to pick her up again. She was face-down in the wet grass. When the rains were coming, I moved her onto the porch into a potted plant. A big potted plant. I found her yesterday leaning out over the porch, face-down in the wet grass again! What is it with this doll?

Anyway, her stick had come out of her.... out of her, errr.....burlap sack area and I had to sort of re-arrange her or put her back together. Kind of like the scarecrow on The Wizard of Oz. When I placed her back in her full upright position, I noticed dozens of I think they are called "pill" bugs. They can roll themselves up into a tight ball. So, I figured during the rains they crawled up onto Daisyloo to keep from drowning. My, she is quite the rescuer. I am going to have to tie that girl down.

4 comments:

Tabor said...

Have you and Daisy-loo had a good talk lately? I think she has issues.

Peruby said...

She is standing in the corner of my front porch. So far, so good.

Tabor said...

Is she in the corner because she has been a bad girl? ;-)

Peruby said...

You know it's really for her own protection.... (Daisyloo rolls her eyes). Hmmm, she must get that from my daughter.