
My favorite time of the year is approaching. As soon as things settle down, I can relax and enjoy the beautiful Ohio scenery again.
We have freshman orientation tonight. We leave in twenty minutes (in order to get a parking space) and my daughter just got into the shower. She takes a lot longer than twenty minutes, I can tell you that. She did nothing today. No chores. Not only was I in a bad mood when I came home, headache, tired, hot and everything else; I come home to find that she has done nothing to help out. I am fuming. We have been shooting sparks at each other all evening.
She wanted to burn a CD. I got her started (she has done this before, so I don't know what the deal was), and she kept saying it wouldn't work. I finally sat down at her computer and checked into it. It kept failing on me, too. Then, I realized that the spindle of disks was from my niece's stash downstairs. They were used disks. That is so like a teenager to burn a disk and not label it.
I got the new disks and the burning worked just fine. I popped the CD into the player and listened to the songs. The CD is now in the trash. Because of this song and I ripped the CD out of the player before it finished the next one, which was even worse if you can imagine that. We are going to be doing a clean up on her pc. The next time I told her, I won't be so nice.
I finished watching Million Dollar Baby. The second half was much better than the first half. I do not like boxing, I do not like blood spurting out at every angle. If I wanted to see blood I would have become a nurse or doctor. I don't and I won't.
Sigh. On to the high school.
No comments:
Post a Comment