Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Back Off!

atwood lake


Beautiful space at the lake a week ago. Not what I encountered today, at the mall. I drove my daughter and one of her friends to the mall to pick up some more school supplies and while they were wandering about, I browsed the local bookstore.

I had not even opened the first book when the sales lady jumped over to me, "Do you need help or are you just browsing?" Not yet perturbed, I smiled at her and replied "Just browsing." Which to me means I would like to be left alone. A couple of aisles later, I noticed she was very, very close to me and trying to reach for a book underneath my arm. That was enough for me. I walked out of the store and more than likely will not return to that store. I was going to purchase the book I was looking at, too. I would go to a Borden's but the closest one is an hour's drive away.

Strange thing is, I had enormous feelings of deja-vu. As if this same scene had happened before and in that store. I do not like my personal space invaded. Clear your throat, cough or heaven forbid say 'excuse me' but do not step on me! Blah!

No comments: