Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Gonna get me some!

light stream


Motivation! Gotta get me some of dat. Don't know how, don't know where, but I gotta find me some. Gotta reach way down inside and pull it out. It been hidin' from me.

Yeah. I'm fed up with myself and my lack of motivation. I have been dragging myself around the past couple of months. Could be the heat. Well, if that is the case, then my attitude should change because we have much cooler weather.

Everyone I talk to says "Get out and move! Walk. Walk the dog. Play some upbeat music. Go meet friends." I want to lock my doors and stay inside. When I walk the dog, I see beautiful lawns and I get depressed. I shouldn't be out here walking the dog, I should be home tending to my lawn. It's a disease. I don't want to see any friends. I don't have a good time.

I feel horribly guilty for writing this. My friends deserve better. They are beautiful, wonderful people. The problem is me, not them.

Anyway, the photo above is from today. I took a nice back road to the school I was fixing today. I stopped along the way and recorded some of the beautiful wild flowers on the back roads. I posted this one to contrast the one I put up yesterday. Yes, I deal with boring network wires and such sometimes, but other times I get to drive on wonderful back roads on a day so sweet as today.

If today was so beautiful and sweet, then why am I so low?
red barn


Check out this blue sky! This photo is untouched. There wasn't a cloud in the sky. Of course not, they were all in my head.

hidden grasshopper


Why stop there? Click on the above photo to see a closeup of someone hiding. I tried to center him. His big brown eye is just a little up and to the right of the center of the photo. Follow him down his golden body and to the right you can just make out his long back leg used for hopping in the grass. Hopping in the grass.

2 comments:

chunwei.tan said...

Found your blog by random. It's a good read and great pics too! Nice blog! Hope u dont mind i placed a link to yours on my page :)

Tabor said...

Fall IS just around the corner. Hang in there. Enjoy all the photos mucho. Just back for tonight and tomorrow and than grandbaby sitting for two more day. Home for good on Tuesday night. Maybe I will blog once again.