
I have added the blue butterflies, but the house is from September 2004. I am satisfying my eyes with greens from last year until the new greens start coming out for this year. My eyes are tired of the brown/gray and the mud.
Yesterday was the Power of the Pen regional meet in Wadsworth, Ohio. My daughter said that some parents were driving their own vehicles and we are to meet at the school at seven A.M. I arrived about two minutes after and the coach (the young blonde who reeked of alcohol the last time) came over to me and asked me if I would be the lead car, because she said that if she went first she might forget that there were people following her.
Excuse me? Forget that people were following you? Are you sure you should be out in the real world, honey? Maybe you should be weaving a basket somewhere.
I was still bleary-eyed, barely had a clue as to where I was going, grabbed the map out of her super-soft manicured hands and said "Yeah, why not?" I am a 'take-charge' sort of person anyway. Especially around bimbos like her.
I drove up there as if I went there every day. Zip, zip, zoom, zoom. Bam, we were there. I was still bleary-eyed. I don't know why, but my eyes just would not quit watering that morning.
Meanwhile me and another parent got swindled into tabbing, again. Two of Miss Bimbo's friends tricked us into tabbing while they took off for the Outlet mall. They were so slick and sly, it left us shaking our heads in disbelief asking ourselves 'What just happened?' Just to find out that they were supposed to stick around because they were qualified to judge in case they were needed. (The other parent and I , were not qualified).
Well, that raised quite a stink, but it wasn't our fault. Unfortunately, our team would be penalized. The lady in charge called and complained and this and that, and me and the other parent were feeling kind of bad about it all. Then, we found out that the two swindlers had permission from somebody else and all was well.
During the ceremony, they awarded coaches who had been there 10, 12 and 15 years. These are women (and one man) who worked with their teams on a weekly or twice-weekly basis. Coaching the students how to write, what the judges would be looking for. What to expect when they get to the competition. To bring their own black pens for crying out loud. Our team, had not a clue.
My daughter told me that for two weeks the coach never showed up for practice because her boyfriend had broken up with her. Oh, great! I thought. Needless to say our team scored quite low. Probably off the charts. My daughter did get a high mark on one out of three stories. I told her how proud I was of her. And she still has track to look forward to. I only hope that the coach and/or coaches there know how to lead a team.
I watched Ray and my daughter and I watched The Forgotten. I have heard so much about Ray that the heroin use didn't surprise me. I was a bit skeptical about the forgiveness and acceptance that his wife demonstrated. She must be from the old school that says a man can have his harem as long as he comes home to me at the end of the tour. Bullshit.
There is a new breed of women emerging in the world and we are tired as hell of this crap. Step aside bimbos. My Mom used to say that this is a man's world. I would think to myself, 'Sure, as long as there are people in the world like you thinking that way.'
Coming from the speakers: Independence Day by Martina McBride.
2 comments:
I have never heard of these writing competitions(?) but I think they are a great thing for students as writing is difficult to teach without lots of practice which requires lots of time to grade! I am sorry to hear about the ditzy coach...you need to do something about that. Got any ideas?
Yes, I have a couple of ideas. I am going to speak to one of the Mom's. (Her daughter went to state last year for Power of the Pen) and I have resources I can tap at the county office that I work at. I want to tread carefully. Of course, I don't know the whole story about how this coach came to have this position.
Post a Comment