
This is a door that seems to go nowhere. 'Watch out. That first step is a doozie!' Or, it could be an unattainable goal. 'I could do it, if I can just get that one door open.' It just seemed a bit forlorn up there on the side of a brick wall seeming to lead nowhere. Kind of like a mystery door or a forgotten door.
Every once in a while a friend will send me an email. A story that is so farfetched I have to chuckle. The first time they send something that is a hoax, I usually reply with some information on hoaxes and urban legends and give them the url to www.snopes.com.
When certain friends keep sending ridiculous emails that are quite definitely a hoax, I just smile and delete them. Wasted bandwidth, notwithstanding. One of my favorites was this one:
http://www.snopes.com/photos/signs/printer.asp
One that I received, that was actually true and is one of my favorites is:
http://www.snopes.com/photos/patriotic/iowarock.asp
Here is one that my friend actually believed and she was going to boycott the store:
http://www.snopes.com/politics/military/target.asp
I tried to explain to them that they really should check these things out before they jump to any conclusions.
Here is one that I am going to take care of today:
http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/household/dryer.asp
Here is the first one I ever saw in print on a bulletin board:
http://www.snopes.com/business/consumer/cookie.asp
There are many interesting articles to read at the snopes site. Some are so ridiculous that you wonder to yourself how do people actually believe this stuff?
And, some have such awesome pictures that are true it made me want to start sending them to all my friends. And then I had to laugh at myself. Silly girl. Go back to bed.
Ahhh, sweet, soft, comfortable bed. Sleep.
Coming from the speakers: Silence.
No comments:
Post a Comment