
"We'll have joy, we'll have fun, we'll have Circles in the Sun."
No, that's not the way it goes. Regardless, I hope you enjoyed the day. It was darn purdy here in my part of Ohio.
Even though I was falling asleep at my desk. Yes, I had the sleep study done on me last night. What a trip. Take some body. Paste sensors to their head. Paste sensors to their legs and throat. Wrap them all up in thin, plastic cables and tell them to sleep.
I looked like something out of a 1950's science fiction magazine!
I slept like HELL!
I did dream of cutting tree limbs down with a chain saw, though. I thought that was pretty cool. Considering I have never handled a chain saw before.
I was so miserable, I thought I was going to scream. Every time I moved, I was pulling a cable from underneath me.
This morning when the lady came to take all the sensors off of me, she said "You don't sleep very well, do you?" Naw, you think? Oh, and not to mention the big bandage they put right under your nose. This will determine what air is coming in and out of your nostrils. She had to change mine in the middle of the night. The first one she put on was as big as the palm of my hand (I swear!). Neither one stayed on very well because the warm air from me breathing out moistened them to where they gapped.
This night - I suppose from being in a foreign bed, I developed a lower back ache that kept me awake for about two hours. You could get up to go to the bathroom, but you had to call her to come and un-hook you from all the wires. I stayed put all night.
I told her that I have been sleeping fine, just not last night. My doctor has been trying to get me in for a sleep study for two years because of my tiredness during the day. From time to time I do a lot of driving. I take my camera now, and that keeps me alert.
I know that they are going to have a field day with my study. I should have taken my CD player and my General Wellness CD of Belleruth Naperstak. (Yawn!)
My daughter and I looked at trick bikes today. She wants a bike more than she wants a guitar for her birthday. I told her she can only get one. Since she doesn't plan on doing any "tricks" with it, I chose the cheapest one for her. It will do. She got to choose the color. Silver, black or olive green. Silver, it is. They are on sale until Sunday. The bike owner shop took 7% off (or rather, the state sales tax).
Off to the kitchen to see if my darling daughter will help me make sloppy jo's, velveeta shells & cheese and some kind of vegetable.
Coming from the speakers (should I? Sure, why not) Seasons in the Sun by Terry Jacks. (gag - But, we sure liked it in the early 70's.)
No comments:
Post a Comment