
What a wonderful Easter! I spent the day with family. Oh my, did we laugh. I haven't had that much fun in a while. I found out my niece is expecting. Hurrah! She is the first grandchild to become pregnant (from our immediate family of eight children.)
The little boy from St. Patrick's day is a step-grandchild. We love him dearly. I don't mean to downplay his part in the extended family area.
We ate. We drank champagne. We were supposed to meet my one nephew's new lady-friend. She is a wine representative. I had lots of questions for her, but they were a no-show. He got stuck at work. Maybe next time.
I took my daughter to track today. They ran in the rain. One of her so-called 'friends' has been kicked off the team. This is the girl whose grandmother asked me to keep her for ten days and I chose to keep her for three while they were in Arizona. I found out a couple of weeks ago that her grandparents don't like her to be around my daughter because she (my daughter) is a bad influence on her. Oooo-kay.
Well, the other day she was practicing track with my daughter - on their own. When we left, I told her I would give her a ride home. I don't like to leave people behind. She sat up front and proceeded to flip a school employee the bird as we were leaving. I slammed on the brakes and said:
"Tell me you didn't just do that!"
By this time the school employee was walking fast to our car. It was a lady lunch monitor. It seems that she is not at all popular with the students. She is as mean as they come. Regardless, I don't condone obscene gestures.
I told her to get out and apologize to the lady.
My daughter's friend furiously rolled down the window. She knew she had no escape. She started sputtering her apologies quickly.
The lunch monitor said "No, you're not sorry. You're just sorry you got caught!"
Well, that was the truth. A few more words were said and I pulled away. I wanted to kick the girl out right then and there, but I drove her a couple of blocks and told her to get out. I was furious.
The girl was kicked off the team because she is failing many of her classes. Her grandmother has custody of her because her mother had been arrested for hitting her. Lovely.
At Easter dinner I was telling my sisters the story. One is a daycare specialist, the other is a psychologist. Both told me that given the incidents I told them, they are suspecting sexual abuse as a possibility.
The girl will hump anything and everything. I am constantly telling her to leave my dog alone. She thinks it is funny. I was chalking it up to middle school antics. My daughter said she went into somebody's yard on the way home from school and began humping one of their lawn deer. I was like WHAT? And, she pulls her pants down and urinates in the alley if she has to go.
At track practice she pulled her pants down for me to take a picture of her rear-end. I declined.
I told my daughter, I really don't want her around anymore. How sad. This is the girl that rubbed mashed potatoes in my daughter's face. And, the one who narrowed her eyes at me when I told her it wasn't my place to have to give her money for lunch. Ooo-kay.
My mini-vacation is almost over. Back to work tomorrow. The girls have the whole week off. My daughter has track practice every day. My niece has nothing to do. Pac Sun let her go. She isn't working anywhere. Her prom is coming up. I will get pictures of her dress. She picked it up Saturday. Beautiful.
Coming from the speakers: Drops of Jupiter by Train.
No comments:
Post a Comment