Thursday, March 10, 2005

Country Roads



Another nice drive today. And, I will be back on the roads tomorrow (unless we get too much snowfall). The sky was not as dramatic as it was on Tuesday, so the pictures were more grounded. I do like the winding roads of rural Ohio and the striking scenery.

I started collecting little things for the girls' Easter baskets. They don't care for candy anymore, so I lean more towards make-up and art supplies. And, a little stuffed animal. Always a cute little stuffed animal. This year I found two cute, soft, fluffy lambs for their baskets. I will put one little white chocolate candy in each. Just because.

For me, it was a bag of the Reeses' peanut butter eggs. I just love those things. I have to hide them or my daughter and her friends will eat them all. Do you have goodies that you hide from your kids or other family members? My sister used to hide her Pepsi. I have done that myself. We rarely have pop in the house nowadays. I buy juice packs for my niece and my daughter's friends. For my daughter it is just plain white milk. And, for me - ice water. Yum! I love it.

My daughter's good friend had a big fight with her Mom tonight and she walked to our house. I was at the grocery store so I heard everything second hand. When I left the store, it was spitting snow and I felt bad for the girl. She is fourteen and walked over a mile to our house. I feel bad for the Mom too, because I have been there. Just last week my daughter was going to walk to her house because we were fighting.

I get to go out to eat here next week for a family member's birthday bash. I am trying to get my daughter to go with me. She just doesn't like to eat out at nice restaurants. All she ever wants is a cheeseburger and chicken nuggets. I guess I shouldn't complain. She is a cheap date. The last time she and I ate there she became ill and we ended up taking our food to go.

Sometimes useless and goofy information:

Did you know that tomorrow is Red Nose day?

Did you know that there is a town called Iditarod? Official webpage can be found here.

Did you know that as a child, me and my brother used to play with the mercury out of a thermometer? Yes. We rolled it around in a big white bowl. I don't recall if we ever touched it with our fingers, but I think we did. We used to watch it bead and then bond back together. Knowing me and my brother, that may explain a lot. And, it may be why we both liked the song I have listed below.

Coming from the speakers: Tennessee Bird Walk by Jack Blanchard and Misty Morgan. "Birds are walkin' 'round in their dirty underwear...."

No comments: