Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Orange poppies

poppies

I figure that orange flowers look the best against the gray background of my siding on my house. Blue is nice, too because the roofing has a blue tint to it. And, we all know how much I like blue. It was my Mom's favorite color, too. She was my hero.

I have Vicks VapoRub, Sudafed Sinus & Cold, and boxes of tissues. I go to the doctor tomorrow. I am sure my co-workers were not happy with me today. I was very, very sick at work. I normally would have stayed home in bed, but I did have some loose ends I wanted to tie up. Sorry co-workers. I do not think that I am indispensable. I am too old for that.

I am sitting here in my computer chair with the heating pad on my back. It makes my lungs feel so much better. I have slept with the heating pad for two nights, now. It automatically turns off after so long. I like that. I was never one to use an electric blanket. I was always too hot, but I have to admit, I love this heating pad.

I am starting to get Spring fever after seeing all the seeds in the stores. Flowers and stuff. I live in zone 5, almost zone 6, I think. So, I have to be careful. I think we have had frosts as late as the end of May. Some of my favorite flowers are tulips, lilacs, African daisies, hyacinths, white datura (moonflowers), tiger lily, and peonies. I have all of them except the hyacinths. I will have to get me some of them.

We watched the movie "The Notebook" and "Paparazzi". I liked both of them, although they weren't great movies. So many people told me that The Notebook was a real tearjerker. Sorry, I didn't shed a tear. And, Paparazzi was a bit of a shocker. Directed by Mel Gibson. And one of my favorite actors Dennis Farina.

My daughter started track practice. She loves it. My niece starts working at Pac Sun on Monday. They are both on top of the world, these days. I purchased a bunch of silk flowers and foliage and baskets so I can do some flower arranging. Let out my creativity. Great therapy. I don't have a card to The Flower Factory, so I do my shopping at Pat Catans, Michaels and JoAnn's. I could spend all my paycheck in all these stores.

Coming from the speakers: Patches by Dickie Lee

2 comments:

Tabor said...

I think that I found The Notebook so depressing as I saw it alone on the plane after returning from taking care of my Mom...just not a good time to see a movie like that!

Peruby said...

You are absolutely right, Tabor. That would be a tough movie to watch after the ordeal with your Mom. And alone. My daughter loves the movie, she wants to watch it again.

The hardest part for me was when James Garner's character was crying. I was like "No! Not Rockford. Not my Jim! Don't let him cry!" And he did it so well.