Thursday, December 02, 2004

Periwinkle Berries


This was one of my favorite wreaths from my trip to Tis The Season. I am drawn to dusty rose shades. I tried to post last night, but had problems and was just too tired to fight any more. But, I am ready to go this morning. Mucho connection problems on my daughter's PC, and somehow I blew up my Firefox. I am off work for two days, am supposed to be decorating - but I want to iron out these glitches, too. I hate glitches.

Went to the baby shower last night. Was very nice. Mom-to-be got lots of nice presents for baby. She was wearing slippers because she said her feet went from 7 1/2 to size 9. Ouch. I can't believe all the cute baby stuff they have out now days. I was strapped financially when my girl was small, so I didn't go overboard and I didn't need to. I would be in serious trouble today, though, if I had a little one to spoil. (I'll gladly wait for grandchildren!) She's only 13.

My bird is wanting attention this morning. She loves to have her head and ears scratched, but every once in a while she will just turn her head and peck at me. Now, it doesn't hurt - not unless she is really perturbed, but it is the element of surprise that gets you. Sometimes when she is mad she just attacks me, but not in a painful way. She more or less rubs her beak all over my hand, but she does it so quickly it appears that she is pecking at me. But, when she means business watch out. I am used to her and it doesn't bother me. She is my pet. I love her. I say her as if I knew what sex she is. The lady we purchased her from said female, she had been raising cockatiels for 40 years, so I'll go with what she says.

2 comments:

Tabor said...

Any ideas on the shower? What worked? What didn't? I am assisting some of my daughter's friends in planning a baby shower for her and need help!

Peruby said...

Tabor - I have lots of ideas. Too many to post here. I will send
them in an email to you. Have fun planning the shower and congratulations on the new arrival in your family.