Saturday, December 11, 2004

My Mauve Beginnings


I have fallen in love with the color mauve this season. I had to do five wreaths for friends. I try to create as much of an ornament gift as I can for them. I did not make the snowmen, I bought them. I did not make the grapevine wreaths. I just put everything together. The idea is to use it for Christmas and when the season is over, pull the snowman ornament off and they can use the wreath all year if they wish or pack it away also.

My daughter and her boyfriend are back together. I figured as much. I threw this quick poem together for her in about five minutes. It is not all about her. It is a collection of my feelings when I was a teenager plus her experience plus life's experiences. It just comes flowing out and I have to write it down.

I wonder if it is cheating if I use a website for rhyming words.

http://www.rhymezone.com/

Dead Inside

I thought I was pretty

But I was just an object
I thought I was lovable
But I was just a reject

I thought I knew it all
But I was mistaken
I thought someone loved me
But they were just fakin'

I thought I was honest
But I was lying to myself
I thought I could love freely
But my heart remained on the shelf

I thought I was earnest
But I really didn't care
I thought I was giving
But I never really shared

I thought I was good
But evil burned inside
I thought I was happy
But every day I cried

I thought I was responsible
But I was careless
I thought I had good ideas
But they were just airless

I thought I was unbreakable
But I was quickly shattered
I thought my heart was healing
But it was seriously tattered

I thought I was popular
But I was forgotten
I thought my life was good
But it was just rotten

I thought I was allowed
But I was denied
I thought I was full of life
But I was dead inside.

Legal Notice
© 2004 Peruby mgwine@adelphia.net
All rights reserved.

No comments: