I hate my Internet Service Provider. A while ago we had problems constantly. I was turning the cable/modem off and on about 5 to 10 times a day just to get re-connected. And, when you call them for service they were so lame. I run into a wireless router, so that I can connect more than one PC to the Internet.
Just like the cable companies tried to do years ago - charge you for each TV you wanted connected to cable, they didn't like people having more than one PC on the Internet. Well, screw you.
So, every time I call them, I have to disconnect my router and attach one PC to the cable/modem for troubleshooting purposes. I always tell them I have a router.
I talk to a lot of people in the Education field. There were about a dozen of us having the same problems with this IP. Finally, they got their act together.
Ever since the wind storm last week, I have been having connection problems again. I awoke early this morning, hoping to get caught up on email and other things before starting my busy day. I start my usual ritual. Anti-virus update definition files. It stops cold. My wireless connection icon states that I am connected to the router, but my Internet connection goes nowhere.
So, it is down to the basement I go to reset the cable/modem. Now, one nice thing about having the cable/router in the basement is - signal stops dead the second I walk out the door of my house. Not so good when I wanted to work on my patio with my laptop over the summer, but in reality it is good - as no driveby's can connect through me.
I did get nasty with my IP about 18 months ago. They told me to bundle my cable/modem up and bring it to the closest office. They had been having problems with that model. I do as they say and they hand me another box at the office. I take it home and there is no stinking power cord. Smoke starts coming out of my ears. The office closes in 7 minutes. I make it back there just in time and they treat me like a leper.
I get everything home and the unit itself will not boot up. Smoke long gone, I am turning bright red. So, I wait until the next business day and return the defective unit. They pull another one out of the cabinet. Mind you, I am taking time off from work to do this running. I get it home, and mercifully this unit works and I can connect. So, this resolved my problem for about a year.
Now, here I am. For one week it has been hit and miss. I have been pretty busy getting prepared for the holidays, so if the Internet was down I just moved onto something else. So much to do, so little time. Now, I am getting tired of it.
I have two brothers who are on a different cable network and they are never down. Or, so rarely they never realize it. I am fuming. My IP worked really well for about a year. It was sweet. Now, we are back to down time after down time.
It just sits there blinking at me. Maybe they are updating it. I don't know. I just wish they would hurry up. I mean, come on. People get up and start their day between 5 A.M. and 7 A.M. Why would you do the updates then?
Even the state updates their systems at 3 in the morning. Get with it.
I hate shopping. I went marathon shopping today. Craft/flower stuff. I love to make flower arrangements. My head felt like it would explode until I took my migraine medicine. Well, about an hour after I took the medicine. My eyes hurt, but I was able to continue shopping.
No comments:
Post a Comment