Monday, December 20, 2004

Blue Christmas


I just cannot believe I am this far behind. I only decorated the tree yesterday. That is the absolute latest I have ever put up my tree. Yikes. It doesn't have ornaments on it. I told the girls they could put the ornaments on it. They decided they didn't want to. So, there the poor thing sits. All lit up and no place to go.

So, I am so far behind I just now got the other half of my cards out tonight. Double yikes. Some members of my family work for the US Postal service, I like to keep them hopping.

Friday was a busy day, Saturday was too. Sunday I slept until noon because of a late night party on Saturday night. I have plenty of pictures of lights from that party, too.

My daughter has another doctor appointment tomorrow - this time with a new dermatologist for her moles. I want them checked again, she wants a female doctor. That is expected for a 13-year old girl. I work Wednesday, then it is the Holiday bake-off. Thursday and Friday I will be running around baking, wrapping and cleaning.

Maybe I will make my first stop on Wednesday evening the liquor store. Big grin. I haven't drank the hard stuff in years. In fact, I have about 6 bottles of the stuff in my closet from the first year at my house. I tried to make Long Island Iced teas. I have a bottle of gin, vodka, tequila, rum, triple sec, and kaluha. All of them either half or 3/4 full.

What a light weight I have become. No beer, though. No wine. Maybe I should pick some up. I am lacking in refrigerator space. I need another unit in my basement or garage. I thought the garage would be nice, that way I can throw my groceries in there instead of carrying them into the house.

My, I am running on about nothing. Blustery cold and snowy. We were hoping for a snow day. Not to be. My niece's and daughter's school never runs on a one hour or two hour delay. They either stay open or close - never delay. Doesn't matter. Tomorrow my daughter and I go to a dr. appointment so we are taking the day off. Then, she is off for the holidays. I have one more day, and then am free.

If I don't get a chance to post before the blessed day, have a Merry.

No comments: