Saturday, December 04, 2004

Santa In the Moon


I caught Santa napping while at Tis The Season. No doubt this is how we all feel about now. Stuffed from Thanksgiving and wore out from shopping. I dragged my butt off to the stores early this morning to catch the specials. I had specific gifts I needed to purchase. I was appalled at the lack of help and the amount of unopened boxes in the aisleways. Thinking I would shop early this morning and avoid the people crowd, I found myself stumbling over and knocking over merchandise that had not been put out. And, by the looks of it - was not going to be put out any time soon.

I am not a big shopper, so is this normal? Is the economy in such a state where retail could not hire seasonal help? I was miserable. But, I usually am miserable while shopping. I am glad I did a lot of mine on-line. I noticed a sinus pressure while shopping in one store. It went away once I got outside in the clean air. Darn those spicy cinnamon, pine and berry sprays! Ugh!

No comments: