Wednesday, December 08, 2004

Lights


Ah, this is blurry, but colorful. I was trying to walk the dog and take pics at the same time around my neighborhood. Many came out way too blurry. I should get the camera book out and read it.

I found a site that was judging the tackiest Christmas lights. The author chose the house because they had all different colors with all different characters. He said that he only decorates in white, showing class and style. I kind of like color myself. I don't care for the all white lights. Boring.

At my small apartment I used to keep a string of all color Christmas lights up in the living room all year round. I used them in the evening. (migraines, remember?) No bright lights. Hurts the eyes. It also gave me a calm, peaceful feeling. Until I read that you shouldn't use the lights for more than 90 days straight. Bummer! Then I figured I only ran them in the evening, so I could still keep them up all year long.

Once I moved to my house and had the rooms re-painted I didn't have the heart to pound too many nails in the walls. After three years, the house is beginning to get scruffy and strands of lights are not far away. I wish I had known about chair rails. Never needed them in my Mom's house. It was huge.

Find out your political compass. I am at the exact same spot on the scale that Gandhi was. Wow!
Economic Left/Right: -6.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.31

Also in my corner are Nelson Mandela and the Dalai Lama. I am in good company, I should think.

No comments: