Beautiful mauve wreath from my trip to the Christmas shop. I wanted so much to get green wreaths and purchase all sorts of mauve decorations and try to make this wreath. Maybe after the holiday. I shouldn't be spending money on myself. :(
My vacation day was pretty much a bust. I cleaned up my daughter's PC for most of the day. During downloads and scans I cleaned the living room. Am ready for a tree, now. I ran to the store and bought six totes. For my Halloween decorations that are sitting in an old beat up box. And, for extra stuff I have around the house that I want to store away.
Then, out with the decorations. They are in the root/fruit/wine cellar. I don't keep any roots in there. (That I know of). I don't keep any canned fruit or vegetables in there. And, I certainly don't keep any wine in there. I don't think I have purchased wine in years. Last Christmas I drank a little bit of kahlua with half and half. I had Yoo-hoo on hand, so I added that. I loved it. Not an egg nog person.
I don't like spice, either. Maybe I will try some wine this year. I did have some sparkly on New Years day. It was a gift from my niece's wedding. And it tasted pretty good.
Am planning a trip to see the Festival of Lights this year with family. I want to take a Bus tour and have dinner there. There is also a laser light show. I hate the traffic of driving. I can't enjoy myself. Let someone else do the driving.
I received my first Christmas card today. From my cousin out of state. She was telling me that she lost a grand nephew. Hit by a train at 17 years old. He was the same age as my niece. It brings me memories of the speeding ticket and what a nightmare I could be living. I need to get my cards started.
My daughter is having a friend stay overnight. I usually do not allow this on school nights, but I am getting the impression that there is trouble at home for this one, so I said it was okay. As long as they can get up and going in the morning. They are preparing for bed now. This friend is not a giggler or trouble maker. She is quiet and very, very funny.
I have an early appointment tomorrow morning to get the window crank on my car fixed. It popped off track a couple of days ago. I have been noticing it getting loose and kept forgetting to tell the service department about it. I will be driving along and hit a bump and my window will just roll down about two inches. My daughter thinks it is funny. It is, unless it is raining and I have to leave it parked outside. For the most part it stays rolled up, but it has rolled down and inch or two. At night I keep it in the garage. I had them make the appointment early so I could get my butt up and moving. Another vacation day, and I don't want to waste it. I was supposed to call them this evening to make sure the part came in - I forgot. Oh, well.
I have to shop for two more things for my nephew yet. And my sister gifts. We sisters try to get each other something or make something. I was making crafts for them each year, but I think they are getting tired of my crafts. I tend to be redundant in that area. There are some nice Sister stuff, but I can never find enough of the same item. I have four sisters to buy for (I usually like to get myself one of the same so that makes five) and two sister-in-laws. I'll think of something.
No comments:
Post a Comment