The 1960 version of Little Shop was mundane compared to the '86 version. The older one was not a musical. The plot was a bit different. At the end when the little flowers opened up the faces of the people the plant ate were on the them. Kind of ghastly.
Dragnet (the 50's version) must have been very popular - as they used a few references to Joe Friday's vernacular lingo. Seymour's mother played a big part in the older version, also. The dentist was not Audrey's girlfriend and Seymour called the plant Audrey Junior instead of Audrey (two) II.
Oh, and I can't write this post without a little shout out to J Nicholson from the '60 version playing the pain-loving patient of the dentist. Not as dramatic as Murray's role in the '86 version but strange in his own "Jack" way.

2 comments:
Enjoyed the review and comparisons. I'd forgotten Nicholson's great performance.
Good review. That's what I like, 'Just the facts, Ma'am.
Post a Comment