Monday, November 04, 2013

Baby shower .....done!


The photo above is my grand niece on the right and a family friend on the left. I captioned this one in Facebook as the one in pink saying "Dahling....where did you get that beautiful dress? It's divine!" or something like that.

Babies, babies, babies. My niece is now much more prepared for her baby than she was. The shower was a success. We had it at The Wilderness Center.  The only drawback is the fact that my niece and her husband have been nomads the past couple of years and their friends are spread all over the state and country.  Only a handful of friends could make it because of the distance, but my family more than makes up for it. All sisters were there - YAY!

The only OTHER drawback was the heat. We had an upstairs room and I was roasting. When you are hosting (grinning because of the rhyme) you get over heated quickly because you are stressing and running around doing this and doing that.

I had been dealing with a migraine. It had actually been going on all week. Sunday was a bad one. I took the medicine in the morning and with the time change and the hour of saved time I was able to get all done that I needed to. While brushing my teeth I began gagging. If you have ever taken some strong medicine you know how it can make you nauseous at times. In the car going to the shower my daughter said she got SO worried when she heard me gagging. I was like "How sweet." Until she finished her thought. She said she was worried that SHE would have to take over hosting the shower and playing the games and talking to the group of people. Now I can say it sarcastically "How sweet!"

No comments: