Yah. I'd like to meet the sick S.O.B. who thought it might be a great idea to take hot cabbage leaves and attempt to roll loose ground beef, sausage and rice in it? Really? Seriously? I must have used every damn toothpick in the house!
I swear - I nearly needed therapy when I was finished with this mess.
Ah....but it tasted divine!
Could have been the prednisone. :)
4 comments:
Oh man, talk about bad memories. My mother was big on making cabbage rolls. She was a good cook otherwise, but those sucked.
I made those....once. They were good but not worth the trouble. I think layered in a dish would be a lot easier.
A long time ago i found it was easier to shred the cabbage, and cook the whole thing up with the ground beef and rice and tomatoes in a big pot and serve it that way.
I prefer that same mixture in a green pepper. What you made is called a halupki. My husband likes them. His mother was Russian. I have never made them and I never will. I do not like cooked cabbage, I prefer it raw.
Post a Comment