Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Witchy Woman

Here is one from the festival at the beginning of the month.

I posted this one in a very large format. How can you tell how much storage space you have left on your blog site? Go to google.com and log in. Choose Settings. Choose Google Account Settings. Choose Picasa web album - Settings . Choose storage. This should tell you how much storage space you have left to post pictures on your blog. There is a limit, you know. I have read bloggers who had to create new blogs because they ran out.

I just tested it. I took 3 of my largest pictures and set them to upload to this blog. I then watched my storage settings (as shown above) and refreshed after each picture loaded and I watched it increase. Now, this is where it gets tricky. You can delete the post, but the pictures still stay on the Picasa and still use up your storage space. How do I get rid of those three pictures since it was only a test posting?

Anywhere in settings, look at the top tabs. You should see one that says "My Photos". Choose that tab. You may have to hunt and peck, mine were at the very end of course. You can delete them here. Just make sure you don't delete any that you actually used in a blog post.

There. I'm done.

3 comments:

Tabor said...

Yes, I notice last month that I had some duplicates and test photos and deleted a few. I do not know what I will do when Picassa is full. I have been posting reduced pixel photos for over a year to keep the space down.

Grumpy said...

I wasn't aware there was a limit. Thanks for the advice and the instructions.

kden said...

I realized there was a limit but didn't know how to check it. Thanks for the tip ;-)