Monday, October 11, 2010

Doggie update

This is Chong

Everything is pretty much the same with the hounds. Except Sable seems to be a little stiffer lately. I made an appointment with the veterinarian tomorrow (if I can get her into my car). The last time she was checked out, they said it was probably arthritis. I hate for her to be in pain. She likes to lay in front of the back door and we have to make her move each time we go in and out. A pain, for sure. Once I caught her tail in the door - I know that hurt. There isn't much room to move her, because the basement steps are right there and I don't want to end up pushing her down the steps. Good grief! In order to get her out of the front of the door, I have to pull her into the kitchen. Not real easy to do - she weighed 96 lbs. the last time we had her checked.

While walking her on Saturday, she stumbled a couple of times.  I took her with me to my brother's house. She did okay. I know they fed her some people food when I wasn't looking.

I just remembered I used to give her PhyCox soft chews with glucosamine in it. That works but it takes time. I will pick up some of that tomorrow (if the vet says okay). Then I will go back to ordering it online. I had to stop for a while, but things are picking up and I should be able to start again.

I was able to get her outside and walking this evening. My daughter said she wouldn't go out at lunch for her. I usually don't have a problem. I actually "walk" them. My daughter just stands out in the yard with them and Sable knows this. I love my puppies and I want to do what is best for them, but this stupid economy certainly did make it hard for a while. Grrr!

2 comments:

Cheyenne said...

It sucks getting old...even for animals.

Tabor said...

so sorry about your pooch. It is hard to see them in pain when we want to protect them from that.