I did not take this photo. I lifted it from my nieces' facebook page.
Am I happy it is Friday? Why, yes I am. I usually drag through the work week. Every body's working for the week-end. Loverboy? Was that who sang that song? Can't wait for Friday.
But I have a little, tiny secret. I am kind of ashamed of it. I am very "into" work right now. I have a couple of puzzles and I can't wait to get to the office and tackle them. I keep it on the down low because I get to do this "interesting" stuff when a problem occurs. How sick is that? A district has to be in trouble or have a problem before I get to do my job. Well, mostly.
But then again, my brother is a fireman/EMT. He gets a charge when there is a road accident. I KNOW! See? I'm not so sick. I know a lot of volunteer firemen. They love the excitement that a fire brings. Hey, which reminds me. We had five or six fires in the vicinity (covering a few close counties as well) in one night last night. All set by arson. All businesses. All in the middle of the night so there were no lives lost.

3 comments:
Puzzles challenge the brain and are very interesting. Sometimes too interesting. I have been in the computer business since 1968 and I loved every minute. Well, maybe not the 2 AM pages so much. Especially the hard ones even when they were frustrating. Now that I am retired, I volunteer to do (guess what) computer work with my favorite - databases. Currently have cleaned up a much mismanaged one for a school and am working on converting to a vendor instead of the home grown database. Makes life interesting while giving back, making new friends, and keeping the brain from turning to mush.
People get excited when they can put their expertise and wisdom and physical presence to a problem that helps others. There is nothing wrong with this dichotomy. You don't wish people problems, but you do want to be contributing.
I agree with Tabor. Whatever your passion and talen is, it is great when something has your attention.
Post a Comment