Friday, October 01, 2010

Back Home

A photo of my Mom & Dad and I am thinking - sister 1954. Since the photo is dated 1955. Depending on when the film was developed - it could be my brother 1953.

They would try to visit "back home" once a year to see the family. My Mom didn't have much family left at that time (raised by grandparents) but my Dad had plenty. This photo was taken at my Aunts house in Wild Wonderful WV.

I researched a bit on what was happening in 1955. I was not born, yet. My Mom was a big Cleveland Indians fan - they were pretty popular during that time. My dad was a huge western watcher - Gunsmoke started that year. I doubt that they had a television (maybe) - but I know they had a radio (to listen to the ball games).

I have a full week-end ahead and of course I get a bout of early morning insomnia this morning. I awoke at 3:30. I finally just gave up and got up at 4:30. Old Sable wouldn't even go out at that time of morning. Boxer and Cheech have been sick the past two days with vomiting. Not a lot, just a little.

I made two huge pans of lasagna. I don't put the ricotta cheese in mine, just plenty of shredded mozzarella. I do add sausage. I just remembered that I used to make the pepperoni lasagna and it would come out tasting like pizza. Yum. I'll have to do that again someday soon.

2 comments:

Tabor said...

Such a bit of nostalgia these black and whites. Helps you see how you may have fitted in the grand scheme of things.

Grumpy said...

I have a box of black & white photos in the basement, some going back to 1910. I love looking at them.