Thursday, October 14, 2010

Better

Sable circa 2003

She ain't as spry as she was when we first got her, but she is doing much better. Her doctor gave her an anti-biotic for the hot spot on her cheek and an anti-inflammatory for her stiff back legs.  I will start her back on the glucosamine soft chews. I think the medicine has affected her hearing because she won't listen to me when we are out and about. Either that or she feels better than she has in a long time, so she is wandering more and not giving a hoot about keeping up with me and the boxer.

Yeah, she's a real pistol. The anti-biotics will stop, but the anti-inflam. - I am to give her that on an as-needed basis. The doc only gave me a few days supply until I am sure it will work for Sable then I can order more. If it didn't work, she wanted to try something else. I think it works. I am thinking of asking the doctor if I can take it, too. Kidding. I'm kidding!

Although I am cheating and drink a 5-hour energy drink in the afternoon at work. It has made a huge difference in my evening at home. I actually cleaned both my kitchen and dining room ceiling fans last night. My sinks got a good scrubbing with baking soda.  All my laundry is caught up. All the kitty litter boxes are clean. For the third night in a row I did not turn the television on. I ran out and got my hair cut. I know, I know. It's caffeine, but so far I can still sleep. Well, maybe not. I still get the early morning insomnia now and again  -  but I was getting that anyway before I started with the energy drinks. Sigh. I know I can't keep taking them, but for now - I'll take them.

It has been great weather for walking the dogs. With Sable feeling better, I don't worry about her dragging behind us. It was sad this morning. It was dark when I took her and the boxer for a walk. I don't leash her. I carry one with me in case I need it, but she pretty much just ambles about. She became separated from us. I usually go so far, then stop and wait for her to catch up. She didn't show. I started back the way I came. I could see her (she is black and it is dark) barely. I could tell she was confused. She did not know where we went. I think she was scared because when she saw me she was so happy and relieved. It was very sad.

And, what in the hell happened to posting on Tuesday and Wednesday? Stupid caffeine.

2 comments:

Grumpy said...

Happy to hear she is doing better. They are such an important part of our lives.

For some reason energy drinks have no effect on me. I don't feel a thing.

Tabor said...

I was so sad to read about Sable losing her way. It is old age and hard to watch a dog who used to be so full of life become less able.