Thursday, May 06, 2010

Stalled

I wish this bush bloomed for three months and grew in my living room. Wait. Not three months, I'd probably get real tired of it. Regardless, it should definitely bloom for longer than it does. All the science and horticulture - can't they (whoever "they" are) create a lilac that will last longer?

I am tired of dogs. I am tired of poop. Hey, I am tired. Just plain tired. I was in a meeting yesterday and (of course) I didn't sleep well the night before. I believe I am having pre-menopause symptoms. Big time. It didn't help any that I get the AARP card membership in the mail this week. Thanks. Now I am really dragging and feeling tired.

Anyway, I ended the day with a slight headache. Not intense, just enough so that it was not responding to OTC medication. I chalked it up to being overly warm, dehydrated and lack of sleep. Any or all of the above. I turned my air conditioner on, drew a huge glass of ice water and sat down in my t.v. chair. I caught the movie "Strangers in Good Company".

Oh my, was it good. Since I knew they were not really stranded (because of the cameras) I could not get over how "real" their facial images and remarks were. I don't believe these ladies were real actors, either. Come to find that a lot of the lines were ad-libbed. I really enjoyed it. I did doze off now and again and I missed the beginning but I hope to catch it again sometime.

I had a gazillion things to do. I did nothing. A friend called and I agreed to help decorate for Saturday's party on Friday evening. (A big milestone birthday for a close friend). That leaves tonight. Tonight for me to get everything done that I need to get done. Oh, mea culpa!

2 comments:

Tabor said...

Not mea culpa...but carpe diem.

Cheyenne said...

I can almost smell that lilac. They are one of my favorites. We have a purple bush and a white one, and they didn't last as long this Spring as they have other years. I wanted to bring some inside but my husband said I'd better not. One of our cats loves plants and can't keep away from them.