Saturday, May 15, 2010

Keeping score

Friday evening

Books 0
Housecleaning 0
Movies 1

Heh, heh. Watched Precious last evening. Mixed feelings. Myself, I would wonder why the girl didn't live with her grandmother, but I suppose that is the only way her Mother can get the welfare check (under the premise that Precious and Mongo live with her).

Not certain if I will read the book.

1 comment:

Dog Hair in my Coffee said...

I watched the movie last week. Didn't love it, didn't hate it. Just ...eh, I guess. Could not believe they actually named the daughter MONGO after Mongoloid. That blew me away! I am reading the book, PUSH, by Sapphire, right now, and my feeling is, if you've seen the movie, the book isn't really adding anything to it. And normally, I love books WAY better than the movie, but in this case, I'd say they're about equal. For what little my "review" is worth! :) Not exactly siskel and ebert here!