Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Coming Up

We are starting to plan our second annual reunion. We don't feel the need to travel down to West Virginia this spring to scope out a spot. The spot is the same as last year. We are going to have an ice breaker the evening before the event, though.

The food, my God, the food! As you can see, we are big eaters. No alcohol. I'm not sure, but the night before may be drinks - I didn't think about it. Not sure if it is in a social hall that allows alcohol or not.

The entire family and booze do not mix well. There are bound to be plenty of fights if alcohol is involved. Best we leave that out of it, but I can't control that many people. We do well enough choosing a park that does not permit the stuff. Now, for my patio party of 40 and less, I can serve alcohol and control the people. I have certain family members who do not drink that would be there to help me and though I may be the youngest in my immediate family I can whip their asses. Ha, ha! Right! Actually I have thrown men twice my size out of a house. They run from me. They were not related to me, though. I was a real peach when I drank whiskey, let me tell you. Most people had to tell me what I did and it was not pretty. I was a mean drunk.

So most of us - if we can't drink - we eat. Trade one addiction for another. I am so glad my drinking days are over. Or appear to be. We never know when that monster will rear it's ugly head again.

Just as my shoulder is healing, I decide to mow last evening. I had to take a break in the middle, but I finished it. My shoulder did not bother me one bit.

My boxer followed me into the bedroom when I got home from a hair appointment this evening and as I bent down to pat him on the head and give him a little lovin' he decides to jump up and onto the bed. He didn't make it. His hard head hit my jaw bone directly under my right eye. I thought he had busted it.

I cursed at him and fell onto the bed. He sulked away. I felt bad and of course it isn't broken, but that is the third time I have had a hard collision of some sort with him. Holy cow!

I certainly hope there is no mark on my face tomorrow. I have a big regional meeting and I have to be there. I can see me trying to explain a big bruise or red mark on my face to people. I am always getting cuts and bruises on my arms because of clearing the yard and brush and rough housing with my dogs. Sigh. Whatever.

Nope. No mark or bruise. It barely hurts now.

Now, to go make it up to the sorry, sad pooch. He is a lot like Eeyore. He is! He hangs his head down (droopy like) and sulks just like the donkey.

1 comment:

Tabor said...

So sorry about the tough love! Hope your reunion goes very well.