Photo courtesy of sister 1944.This tot above is my sister's second grandson. She is SO close to the first grandson that she felt (when the second was born) that she would not be able to bond with him. I think this latest photo she took of him will help.
I had to chuckle when she told me her fear. The first is always very special, but I am sure in no time at all she will be just as wrapped up in this one's life. Oh, yes.
The last time I was with him (a month ago) he slept the entire time or ate.
I am enjoying good coffee and relishing in the fact that this is Friday and I have NO plans for the week-end! Shhhh! I can't say it too loud, 'cause I will jinx it. Of course I plan to mow the grass, clean the house a bit and wash a mountain of laundry - but I mean no plans as in getting together and traveling anywhere. Ahhh.
Oh, oh, oh! I also have more books from the library. Oh dear. Will the house get cleaned? Will the grass get mowed? Or will the books get read? Ha, ha! Tune in on Sunday or Monday to see what wins. Evil grin.
On a side note, I had my annual evaluation at work yesterday. Stellar marks. Stellar! And, I also got a nice comment about how I have managed to turn things around (my sarcastic and caustic wit from about 4 years ago). My managers who evaluated me all agree that working with the co-worker that I had in my office for 8 hours a day would drive anyone over the edge. They all believe that she was the bane of my attitude and who knows? Maybe they are correct. I'll take it. I am getting great reviews, I am getting more responsibility (as in GOOD things to challenge me) and I am hoping to put all the ugliness behind me.
And with that, I'll add this. I am going to apply for another job the end of this month. It takes weeks for them to interview so I may not hear anything for a long time, but I am putting my heart and soul into it.
Sound strange? Yes, possibly. But, I don't shrug things off so easily. By this time next year I can just as easily be back on their sh!t list. I have watched them for 15 years. I am going to strike while (my) iron is hot.
On a side note, I had my annual evaluation at work yesterday. Stellar marks. Stellar! And, I also got a nice comment about how I have managed to turn things around (my sarcastic and caustic wit from about 4 years ago). My managers who evaluated me all agree that working with the co-worker that I had in my office for 8 hours a day would drive anyone over the edge. They all believe that she was the bane of my attitude and who knows? Maybe they are correct. I'll take it. I am getting great reviews, I am getting more responsibility (as in GOOD things to challenge me) and I am hoping to put all the ugliness behind me.
And with that, I'll add this. I am going to apply for another job the end of this month. It takes weeks for them to interview so I may not hear anything for a long time, but I am putting my heart and soul into it.
Sound strange? Yes, possibly. But, I don't shrug things off so easily. By this time next year I can just as easily be back on their sh!t list. I have watched them for 15 years. I am going to strike while (my) iron is hot.
3 comments:
Good luck and have a nice and lazy weekend.
My money is on the books and not so much on the laundry or cleaning.
Adorable picture - I imagine she'll bond pretty fast with him! Congratulation on your evaluation also!
Post a Comment