
With a little help from their ant friends.
I am so "sleepy" tired. Maybe it's the rain. I don't know. I think I slept all night. I remember a horrible dream, but that was early this morning. I was recovering from somebody cutting my right side with a saw. Hey, I just dream 'em, I don't try to figure them out. Well, yes I do, really. What does it mean? I have no idea with this one.
So, what did I accomplish this week-end? Before the rain? Not one page of a book! Not one sentence. Housework. Just clothes, kitchen and bathroom. So, what got done? Outside work! How could I forget I had a ton of outside work to do? And the weather was nice. My grass was so long, I had to use the grass catcher. That was a real hoot. The mulcher flap had not been lifted in years and I thought it needed a lever or something. Finally my daughter just gave it a good yank and it lifted up. Whew. I don't recall how many times I had to empty the bagger, but let's just say I waited too long on a couple of trips.
Then it hit me. While mowing I knew I was doing it. But, I kept going. Mowing is one of those things that if you stop you are afraid you won't get going again. It was hot out. It was sunny. Yep. I am sensitive to the sun. I am getting thin on top. (Not getting thin anywhere else, oh no!) But my hair is getting thin. This leaves my head exposed. I had my headphones on, but the wicked sun got me anyway.
The headache started Sunday night. I went to bed hoping I could sleep it off. Silly me! What a night that was. I made it to work on Monday (barely). The migraine meds helped a lot. After work I returned to the scene of the crime. Blankets were twisted up everywhere. There were wash cloths and towels strewn about.
During the night (Sunday) during a migraine, I get a wash cloth as cold as I can and put it against my forehead. To keep my pillow from getting soaked I lay a couple of towels on it. The wash cloth heats up faster than you can imagine. I had the fan blowing on me directly. I was at the foot of the bed, in the middle of the bed. Yep. It was a long night.
Anyway, I hope to have some pretty pictures of poppies and peonies here soon. The rain is coming down in buckets this morning. I have to take the dogs out in this, I don't feel like bringing a camera out, too.
So, what did I accomplish this week-end? Before the rain? Not one page of a book! Not one sentence. Housework. Just clothes, kitchen and bathroom. So, what got done? Outside work! How could I forget I had a ton of outside work to do? And the weather was nice. My grass was so long, I had to use the grass catcher. That was a real hoot. The mulcher flap had not been lifted in years and I thought it needed a lever or something. Finally my daughter just gave it a good yank and it lifted up. Whew. I don't recall how many times I had to empty the bagger, but let's just say I waited too long on a couple of trips.
Then it hit me. While mowing I knew I was doing it. But, I kept going. Mowing is one of those things that if you stop you are afraid you won't get going again. It was hot out. It was sunny. Yep. I am sensitive to the sun. I am getting thin on top. (Not getting thin anywhere else, oh no!) But my hair is getting thin. This leaves my head exposed. I had my headphones on, but the wicked sun got me anyway.
The headache started Sunday night. I went to bed hoping I could sleep it off. Silly me! What a night that was. I made it to work on Monday (barely). The migraine meds helped a lot. After work I returned to the scene of the crime. Blankets were twisted up everywhere. There were wash cloths and towels strewn about.
During the night (Sunday) during a migraine, I get a wash cloth as cold as I can and put it against my forehead. To keep my pillow from getting soaked I lay a couple of towels on it. The wash cloth heats up faster than you can imagine. I had the fan blowing on me directly. I was at the foot of the bed, in the middle of the bed. Yep. It was a long night.
Anyway, I hope to have some pretty pictures of poppies and peonies here soon. The rain is coming down in buckets this morning. I have to take the dogs out in this, I don't feel like bringing a camera out, too.
4 comments:
How about wearing a nice straw hat when you mow. Something that blocks the sun but lets the air through? My lovely peonies are about done esp. after two days of steady rain.
Yes, Tabor - I'm going to have to wear something on my head besides my headphones.
We had a most wicked day on Tuesday ~ cold and rainy all day. It won't warm up till a couple days. Wish it would make up its darn mind, cause I turned the heat off and it ain't going back on till months from now. These kind of days are almost as bad as those snowy ones. Even my cats had a hard time finding warm spots to sleep.
Getting thin on top made me laugh. Especially when I have nothing or almost nothing on top. Please, please, please wear a hat.
Ralph
Post a Comment