
A photo of two deer. Taken February 2007 at state park south of me. I closed my eyes and scrolled my mouse and picked a photo folder. The image I picked with my eyes opened. There are many deer to be seen around the valley this month. They seem to be everywhere.
One night while walking the boxer, there were some deer up on the hill eating apples. The boxer gets distracted very easily. When he sees something that distracts him he freezes and stares. He is like a statue. I have to drag him away. I mean, how much exercise are we getting when he freezes and stares every twenty feet or so? None, that's how much! Come one. If I have to walk you, let's at least make it worth my while!
As we walked closer to the deer, who by this time had slid back into the shadows to hide, they snorted and stomped their feet. Slade was just completely perplexed. What were they? What was that snorting noise? Yes, I had to drag him away. I am so glad I got him a harness instead of a collar. I don't feel like the harness hurts him. Especially with that broad chest.
As we walked closer to the deer, who by this time had slid back into the shadows to hide, they snorted and stomped their feet. Slade was just completely perplexed. What were they? What was that snorting noise? Yes, I had to drag him away. I am so glad I got him a harness instead of a collar. I don't feel like the harness hurts him. Especially with that broad chest.
4 comments:
Yes I agree...a harness makes much more sense. I hate collars, especially the ones made of chain.
I love to see deer out in the wild and even the not-so-wild.
That was funny about not getting exercise walking the dog!
It is amazing how deer can just disappear like that. In fact, I think I have one in my computer room right now...but I can't seem to see him.
You guys are great!
Post a Comment