Sunday, October 04, 2009

Headed to the festival


This photo is from 2 years ago

It is not going to be as warm this year. My brother has already e-mailed us to say that sales are way down this year. Lousy, cold and rainy weather. Today looks to be the best day. They have sunshine and a beautiful classic car show going on. The car show takes up an entire side of a gentle sloping hill and that will cut the parking almost in half. It will probably be chaos.

Two problems. My daughter is having a bad day. The dentist told her the third day would be the worst. Drat! I have a dry, hacking cough that is giving me a super headache. I've taken medication, but the front of my face is still sore. Sinus.

She is sleeping and we will know soon if the generic vicodin is going to work today. I suggested to switching to ibuprofen because I don't believe the generic vicodin will help with swelling. If her swelling goes down the pain will dissipate. We will be cutting it close, though. She has to wait until the generic vicodin is out of her system before she can take the ibuprofin and by that time we will be on our way to the festival.

I watched "Rachel Getting Married." It was recommended to me by my NetFlix choices. I hated it. There was way too much music and dancing that just filled up time. It just seemed wasted. There was so much more dialogue that pertained to the story at hand that could have been incorporated into the movie than this wedding music. My family is very close so I don't really understand the parts where they were verbally abusive to one another and then were hugging and crying the next day. In one scene it gets to be physically abusive and then nobody acts like anything at all happened.

If it ever came to physical blows between a sibling and myself it would behoove us all to stay away from one another for years. Years! Angry words would have us not speaking to each other for months, maybe years, also.

I was raised to respect my siblings (and other peoples') feelings. If I didn't want something said to me, I didn't say it to another human. I try to be considerate in all ways. They did a good job of making the main character self-centered. The similarities between this character and my one sister are amazing. She keeps making everything about her.

Spoiler Alert!:

I don't get the part where she wrecks the car and curls up and just goes to sleep. She isn't drunk or high. She is distraught over the fight she had with her mother, but still. Let's just let the rest of the family worry and wonder where I am while I sleep in the car all night wrecked into this patch of woods until some joggers find me and call the cops.

The tow truck conveniently gets her home right before the wedding so that she can still be a part of it. Maybe everybody thought the black eye was from the wreck. Did her sister and father just sleep during the night not caring if she were dead or alive, or did they stay up all night pacing and wondering? They all looked pretty rested to me.

And where in the hell did all those people come from that helped with the wedding? Was there a school nearby that just has all these hippies waiting around for something to do? They come out to the house, clean, fix food, play music and decorate? Who were they? They may have mentioned something about it and I missed it. There is also an option to watch the movie with commentaries, maybe that would explain some of the questions.

I will never know, because I am not watching it again.

No comments: