Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Chong chews

Here is Chong chewing on some dead grass on my patio.

I do not go outside without all of them (except Sable) on a leash. It is too risky. They love to run, but I have a road in the front yard and neighbors who have that wonderful knack of coming out of their house the exact instant I take my dogs out. It always seems to work out that way. Of course all my dogs run over to them to say hello and it takes me 15 minutes to drag them all back over into my yard. The boxer was really good for a while at listening to me. Now he is going through a phase where he pretends that he does not hear me. Sable all but ignores me.

My daughter told me she woke up this morning with no pain. Finally. She did okay at the festival, better with ibuprofen than with generic Vicodin. She did go sit in the car towards the end with her boyfriend because she had a headache and was cold.

Things were not the same at the festival. The food was not nearly as good as I recall. The crafts are redundant. The campers decorations are also redundant. Except for the bubble fogger. That was pretty neat. Even the pie was bland. My sisters and one brother were as great as ever, though. That more than makes up for the lack of excitement of the festival. I didn't walk up the hill to see the old cars. I ran out of steam.

1 comment:

Tabor said...

Perhaps the festival has not changed, but you have become a little more discerning and sophisticated?