Tuesday, October 20, 2009

A Blow upon a Bruise


I managed to make it outside today to get some fresh air into my lungs walking the boxer out into the front yard. I saw the green floral van coming down the road. He turned into the neighbor's driveway across the street.

I thought to myself. Maybe it is Eileen's birthday. How fortunate that I am out here to see her get her flowers. He pulled up in front of MY house and hopped out. "Do you live here?"

"YES!"

"I've got something for you."

And he handed me the beautiful planter you see above. Co-workers are thinking of ME!

My boxer wanted to go with him. I think he wanted to take him.

Woot! Roses on Saturday and a planter today.

But, OH.... the agony! I was SO sick yesterday. I coughed all day and all night.

My sides hurt so bad from coughing.

There is nothing I can do. I take the medicine. It makes me sick to my stomach. I eat cold pop sickles. I was miserable. I had body aches all day and then "poof" they were gone around 8 p.m. The headache, too. But, the cough remains. Ugh.

When I go to cough today I wince. It is going to hurt. And hurt it does.

If my surgery is undone it is undone. This cough has a mindset of its own.

Many others are sick. I am not alone. Just bad timing with my surgery.


1 comment:

Cheyenne said...

Ouch! Sounds like you are really having a bad time of it. Hope you get better soon. The plant is very pretty.