Friday, June 19, 2009

What a mess


I don't like to clean gutters

I don't have a fear of heights. Well, maybe I do. But not six or eight feet off the ground. I don't fear that. I really need to clean my gutters so I guess I'll get the ladder out this week-end. This is my patio during the rainstorm. That's where my daughter and I spent the evening Wednesday watching the storm. Sirens were blaring all over town, but we stayed put.

My neighbor asked me if I wanted him to clean out my gutters? The really bad one was on the side of the house where he could see it. That does it! I'm going to figure out some way to reach that side and clean it. I may have to buy a new ladder. I am considering sitting my 6 ft ladder on a table to reach. Sigh. I know. I won't do it. Dammit.

It was very nice of him to offer, but you have to know me. It was an insult to me. It made me feel inadequate. I thanked him profusely and his offer still stands, but I cannot ask for help from anybody. He said "I work for beer!" I laughed.

I am going to watch very closely. When he leaves (hopefully for a golf outing) I am going to get up there and clean them out. What a mess.

I have a horrible case of plantar fasciitis in my left foot. It came about from doing so much work the week before the graduation party. It flared up and has not let up since. My days have been sheer misery. Hot, sweaty, grimy and in pain. I am certainly not getting the Miss Congeniality award this week.

2 comments:

themom said...

My daughter's friend helps me out, and mostly the pay is BEER. That's much easier on my wallet. My gutters need cleaned also, I can do the back deck, as a six foor ladder will work. But the gutters around the front require a much longer ladder. Home maintenance sucks.

With more storms coming tonite, I just want to cringe.

Tabor said...

Do not be too proud to get your neighbors help. There is surely some computer or cooking reward you can trade with him. He would not have offered if he didn't want to help. My husband has your foot problem and after several shots and investing in some expensive shoes, it has pretty much disappeared for now! Sounds like the week from hell. Let's hope the next one is better.