Wednesday, June 24, 2009

I ran out of road


On my trip yesterday I took a shortcut to an elementary from the high school. Well, I thought I knew where I was going. I was just driving along, enjoying the beautiful Ohio countryside, snapping away when all of a sudden "BAM!" I ran out of road. Pavement dropped off to gravel in a split second. I wasn't expecting that. I knew then that I was somewhat lost. I found my way, I was going in the general direction, but I do so enjoy new roads that I have never been on before.

It makes up for that dirty, dark, hot and noisy wiring closet that I spent most of my morning in.

The only downfall was I got to the elementary too late. They told me the custodians worked until 2, seems they leave at 1. I got there at 1:12. Drat. They work from 5 a.m. to 1 p.m. I guess it is partly to beat the heat because there is no air conditioning in these little elementary buildings.

1 comment:

Tabor said...

We all need to be explorers now and then and run out of road.