Sunday, June 21, 2009

Turning 5 today


My blog turns 5 today. Summer solstice.

You can see the imprint of the sumo wrestling mat in my back yard in the photo above. The mat started out farther to the right (where you can see a faint imprint) and steadily moved left as more and more sumo wrestlers jumped on it. I was a bit concerned about them hitting the wires up above, but they didn't.

The mat rested more on the circle at the left before the company came back and picked it up so that left a more definitive imprint.

This photo also shows some of the rain we had last week. It came down in buckets. I did get my gutters cleaned except for that pesky one on the front end of my house. I don't like the way they designed my gutters. I think I am going to have that changed. They are supposed to drain away from the front and all drain at the back. That doesn't work. I end up with a mess at the front corners of my house.

I saw that both vehicles were gone from my neighbor's house yesterday morning and I ran and got the ladder. It is only a 6 ft. and I was able to clean most of my gutters. The one at the front of the house is just too tall for me. Blast it! I am seriously considering buying a taller ladder. Can I get it home in my little car?

Far be it from me to ask somebody with a truck to bring it home for me. LOL! You should know that answer by now.

Why am I like this? I don't know. I just hear a little voice in my head (maybe my Mom's, I don't know) that says "You made your bed, now lie in it!" In other words if I decide to live my life, purchase a house and raise a daughter all on my own, then I should be able to take care of all my house needs and daughter needs ON MY OWN!

Too independent? Maybe. I've been in therapy (mostly in an effort to communicate better with my daughter) and I am even more independent now than ever. The therapist tries with me, really she does, but I am not budging. Not in that area. She gave up asking me about dating. Poor lady. I told her "it isn't for everybody." I am not sure she buys that but I could care less. I just plain ain't interested.

Five years. FIVE years. So what is it all about? I blog for me. I purge the feelings out of me onto this blog. I can go back in time and re-read what I was feeling or doing at any given year, month, week or day. It is very therapeutic. I do write less in my personal journal that I have kept on and off since 1986.

I don't see any end in sight. I love to blog. I'm just trying to keep family and work out of it, but work is really trying at times. I should make a rule to write my feelings about work in my personal journal before writing in my blog.

3 comments:

Tabor said...

Sounds like a good blog plan. I think you are so wrong thinking that you have to go through this world without asking for help once in a while. I am like you, but sometimes you have to get help!

themom said...

I have been totally independent for most of my life. But I realize that there are times that I do need the help of others. I pay fairly for those things which I can't do myself, but still pat myself on the back for at least plotting everything out.

Peruby said...

Tabor - this I know deep down inside. It's the putting it into action that I need to work on.

Themom - Yes, I pay an electrician for stuff and a plumber. These things I will not attempt although I have been tempted to take a basic home electrical class at the University branch near my house.