Friday, June 05, 2009

Fluff


Here is a seeded dandelion taken from the lake I visited about a month ago.

I started my vacation yesterday. It is a working vacation, except for one museum day. I did pretty well with the cleaning up in the morning, but for some strange reason yesterday afternoon I sat down in my T.V. chair and it was lights out for three hours.

I might still be there if an old friend had not called me. This is highly unusual for me. I am known as the 20 minute napper, if I do nap. Just enough to recharge my batteries. But, where did this three hour nap come from? I do remember waking up once and muting the T.V. All the doors and windows were open to allow fresh air in and I snoozed. I also remember waking up and saying "Enough! I must get up and get stuff done." When that phone rang, it was like "where am I?" "Why am I sleeping?" I was very confused. I was astounded that I had napped that long.

Years ago at work our office hired a wonderful person. He has a master's degree. He spoke professionally and arrived at work at about 5:30 a.m. every day. Still does. He still works the full day, he doesn't cut out and go home earlier than the rest. His field is that of a librarian.

He has been emailing me about things that are going on at our home office. He is very upset and has written some emails to a few of the more professional folks in the education world that might be able to step in and stop this nonsense.

The director (used to be a kid that I helped to show her how to set up a computer) has placed her favorite co-workers in high places of authority. She was heard to laugh and say "This is my baby now, I can do whatever I want."

Things are starting to backfire on her. Employees are in an uproar. The hard workers are not speaking to the brown nosers that she placed above them. Who loses? The clients. The schools will lose. Animosity abounds. We also had a very loyal worker retire recently. She will come back on a part-time basis, but I don't know how that will pan out. I have that sinking feeling (Titanic). I am glad I have a week off. I'll see how things pan out later this month.

I am travelling today. My Mom's old house needs some TLC. I am taking my weed eater and meeting some other family members there. It has been rather cool in Ohio the past few days.

My daughter and I watched "Bride Wars" last evening. I would barely give it a D rating. I was disappointed. I am not certain what I expected. I should have known it was a whimsical movie. I need to stick with the more plot oriented shows. My time is getting precious, especially when I sleep 3 hours of the afternoon away! Gah!


1 comment:

Cheyenne said...

Your body felt it needed those three hours maybe. I can't nap during the day unless I am really sick.