Monday, July 09, 2007

Tired

My 7/7/07 Independence day bash:

39 people showed. 10 didn't, but extras came that I was not expecting, so it all evened out. I invited 40, hoped for 30. I did not purchase fireworks, but one nephew brought some. The grass was very dry, but all went okay. The glow sticks were the big hit again. My niece brought a sno cone maker - also a big hit. (Non alcoholic sno cones). My sister brought the bar - literally. She brought an oak bar for my patio. I will get a picture of it soon. She completely stocked the bar also. I only had to bring out my gin for one gin drinker. I had beer in the coolers, but she used to be a bartender so she mixed the drinks.

I had so much food and beer left over that five stayed over again for Sunday to party. They went to a car show at the festival over the hill in our town park. The heat was too intense. So many cars didn't show because of high gas prices and the heat.

I did not take one picture. I usually don't if I am hosting. My nephew got some awesome ones of the kids running around in the glow sticks and of the fireworks. He is going to be very busy though because his computer crashed, he bought a house and will be moving, so I don't think I will see the pictures for a while.

The above photo is layers of my Christmas tree lights from December. I thought they might pass for fireworks.

Me, my daughter and two sisters are headed for Niagara Falls on Wednesday so I have plenty more to do. You can bet I'll take pictures of this trip! I am still cleaning up after the party. The old dishwasher has had a work out. I handed food out left and right because there will be nobody here to eat it. I am taking our dog to my sister's to babysit and she is getting a cooler full of beer and pop. She is having a get together on the 4th of August.

Peruby very tired. Yawn.

No comments: