
The butterflies in the conservatory at Niagara Falls seemed to like my daughter's headband. I can see why this one liked it, because it has dots that match but before we left we had to get one of the workers to remove a bright orange striped one. Since we were not supposed to touch them we asked him to remove it before we left. He uses a soft piece of felt to lift them off. Very gently.
Do you ever notice how some hair stylists are gentle when they do your hair and others are quite rough? I had a stylist today who was ever so gentle. It was quite refreshing. No poking me with the comb, no combing the tops of my ears off. In fact I barely kept my eyes open. It was hypnotizing. I aim to remember her name so that I can request her again.
I am getting back into the swing of work, I think. Disappointment. The usual. Not disappointed in me, but in my organization 's leadership. My heart sinks. I must keep my head up. I must take pride in my work.
Speaking with a school worker today, she said her son had just taken a trip to Niagara Falls. She said he called and asked her to put more money into his bank account because it was so much more expensive than he thought it would be. Yep. That seems to be the sentiment. Maybe a tour bus would be a better deal for folks.
I would skip: Maid of the Mist, Skywheel and Montana's restaurant. Hey, I didn't think about it at the time but maybe her son lost his money in the casino. Yikes.
While my sisters went to the casino my daughter and I caught the show: Cirque Niagara's Avaia in Niagara Falls. If you are thinking of going to this show, you may not want to spring the extra dough for the ringside seats for two reasons. The arena seating is small enough that you can see all the show from anywhere and so many seats down in the front are left empty, some folks just move into them from their cheaper seats after the show begins.
I am getting back into the swing of work, I think. Disappointment. The usual. Not disappointed in me, but in my organization 's leadership. My heart sinks. I must keep my head up. I must take pride in my work.
Speaking with a school worker today, she said her son had just taken a trip to Niagara Falls. She said he called and asked her to put more money into his bank account because it was so much more expensive than he thought it would be. Yep. That seems to be the sentiment. Maybe a tour bus would be a better deal for folks.
I would skip: Maid of the Mist, Skywheel and Montana's restaurant. Hey, I didn't think about it at the time but maybe her son lost his money in the casino. Yikes.
While my sisters went to the casino my daughter and I caught the show: Cirque Niagara's Avaia in Niagara Falls. If you are thinking of going to this show, you may not want to spring the extra dough for the ringside seats for two reasons. The arena seating is small enough that you can see all the show from anywhere and so many seats down in the front are left empty, some folks just move into them from their cheaper seats after the show begins.
The show was stunning where it brings horses and acrobats together. No photos allowed so I did not get to record the event. Boo. I don't like attention and I was singled out to be a comedy sketch with one of the clowns. When I realized what was happening I was mortified. The incident seemed to last an eternity and nearly ruined the show for me. I played along but was silently praying for it to end quickly. For the rest of the show, every time the clown came out, I was so afraid that he was going to come back over to continue the sketch. I know it is all fun and games, but I wish they had picked a younger girl who would giggle and entertain the crowd more. I was like "get away from me!" I think my daughter got a kick out of it, though. There is a third reason NOT to buy ringside seats!
3 comments:
I've seen that happen at several Cirque shows. Since then, I never ask for closer seats. Never. lol
One person got their popcorn dumped all over them. What a waste of popcorn.
If I go, I'll have to get these details from you about visiting Niagara.
~S
For animal lovers there is also a bird aviary, a butterfly conservatory and Marineland. Our next trip will definitely include Marineland.
The best advice I can offer right now is to make sure your motel has an elevator. Believe it or not, a lot don't! We made sure ours did even though we were only on the 2nd floor. My co-worker didn't. He was on the 3rd floor of his motel.
Post a Comment