Sunday, July 22, 2007

Night Blooms


The first of my moonflowers this year

Bob Seger had his Night Moves, I have my night blooms. I love this flower. It happens to grow very well in my soil. They are perennial, the lady before me planted them (or the folks before her) and I have relocated two sets of them. One in the front of my patio which came up this year and the other by my back porch, which didn't come up this year. Not sure what happened there.

I hear through relatives that a few other folks had the same little bug that I had this past week-end. The kind that makes you want to stay close to home and comfortable surroundings.

I didn't get to any more movies today. I did hit a cook-out at my daughter's boyfriend's house. I made deviled eggs to take with me.

While in Niagara I had pulled a muscle in my side. I did it while jumping into the driver seat of the rental car and I guess I wasn't used to the car and I was in a hurry because traffic was heavy. Anyway, each time I laughed it hurt. If you know me and my family that is what we do best. Laugh, laugh, laugh. It passed in a few days, as most pains do, but at the cook-out I laughed and I thought "Oh, no! The pain is back." I was telling my daughter about it when we got home. I said I didn't know what I had done because I had rested all week-end. Then I remembered. My 83 lb. dog. I lifted her into the tub to bath her. Oy vay! How many days will it take this time before it goes away?

2 comments:

Cheyenne said...

I remember when you posted a picture of those last year and I cannot believe a whole year has flown by already.

Peruby said...

I know! This blog is great in the fact that it allows me to know within the week what will be blooming when. I just have to look at last year's post or the year before.