Monday, June 25, 2007

Spiral layers


This is a photo of four images of my spiral twirlers on my patio. Using MS Power Point and Irfanview. Layering is so much easier with PP.

I watched Deja Vu. Reminds me of one of my favorite books, Einstein's Universe by Nigel Calder. The movie was a bit far fetched, if you ask me. It was a stretch of the imagination.

There was a period in my life where I kind of dropped out. 21 to 23 years old. I hibernated in my Mom's house and read and read and read. I wrote poetry. I went inside myself. I was probably clinically depressed but if I was, I pulled out of it. I read a lot of Carl Sagan during this time frame also. I read books on nuclear power plants. I read a superb collection of art books. (My Mom's library and the public library). No Internet back then.

My Mom and I canned tomatoes during the summer, and we went places. I am not sure what my brothers and sisters thought of this time in my life, I guess they just let me find myself. They were busy with their own lives. I think they were glad I was there to keep Mom company.

I thought and thought and thought. I was fascinated by life and the universe and religion.

2 comments:

Tabor said...

Sorry but this time in your life sounds like a good short story!

Unknown said...

I don't think this sounds like a depressive experience but a contemplative one: a mature spiritual experience which I'm sure has stood you in good stead ever since. That we could all have the prescience and courage to do likewise.