Why does the SAVE NOW blue bar expand as I type? It is freaking me out.Anyway, is it Friday yet? I'm really tired of this week. The above photo was taken at the Lighthouse restaurant where I met my friend and had dinner by the sailboats. My family was never a boating family. We would go to the lake a lot to swim. I never wore sunscreen. I can recall my sisters using suntan lotion to enhance their tans. But, SPF 15? Never heard of it back then.
And, how about the gals that lay on tin foil? Where are they now? Did the broiling increase their risk of skin cancer? My brother burned so bad one day while out golfing he formed blisters on his shoulders. Somebody had the bright idea to give him a bath in vinegar. Stunk up the whole house. I used to put Noxzema on when I got a sunburn. I would freeze after the sun went down. And, I couldn't sleep. Do you remember how sunburns hurt so much to move that you couldn't sleep? It hurt to put your bra on. And, you were ready to kill anyone who slapped you on the back. Yeah, they thought they were funny !
My hair is very thin so the top of my head got sun burnt a lot. I was not a big hat wearer. When my scalp would peel it looked like I had a serious case of dandruff. I have a big, white hat now. My daughter doesn't like to be seen with me when I wear it, but that's the way it goes. It's all about comfort, now.
My hair is very thin so the top of my head got sun burnt a lot. I was not a big hat wearer. When my scalp would peel it looked like I had a serious case of dandruff. I have a big, white hat now. My daughter doesn't like to be seen with me when I wear it, but that's the way it goes. It's all about comfort, now.
2 comments:
Great photo...really reflects the summer and makes me think you have a most refreshing lunch.
I love the range of color in this photo. Stunning. You should frame that one.
~S
Post a Comment