Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Leaf Laughter

I would hold the tree leaves down so he and my grand niece could touch them. They were delighted. How tedious to be so small where almost everything is out of your reach. This is my grand nephew from the Memorial cook-out at my sister's house (his Grandma).

He isn't all that used to me so this was a rare smile that I was able to capture. He would keep a discerning eye on me. Both his Mother and my sister have dark hair and I have blond. He just wasn't real sure about me.

I have one month until my big summer bang. This year it conflicts with vacations and a wedding. Sigh. I have my party the night that my town chooses to set off their fireworks, so that is that. They aren't putting them off until the Saturday after the fourth of July, so it is hard to say who will be available to come and who won't. Last year they put them off on a Monday or something like that.

They also have a big park festival during this time. It is wonderful to go and see all the people and especially the children having fun. They are running the Ferris wheel this year. I won't be on it.

2 comments:

DearestDragonfly said...

Priceless photo -- precious moment! Perhaps half the joy of being small and young is having someone reach for you and bring a 'wonder' into your hand.

Peruby said...

Dearestdragonfly - yes, this is true. I do love to see the little ones experience such sweet and utter joy at the simplest things!