Sunday, June 17, 2007

Carbohydrate Coma


Ray's Pizza Wintersville, Ohio

My silly, selfish wish (if I had one) would be for my doctor to say "Peruby, you need more carbs! More carbs!"

Yeah, like that'll ever happen.

Anyway, I found myself close to Wintersville last night and stopped in to order some pizza that takes me back to the 70's for some delicious saucy slices made only the way that area can make it. Since I moved away I can't get that taste anywhere else. My brother and I have this stipulation that if we are in the area and can get some of this delicacy we are to bring the other back some. I did. His wife picked it up this morning. This stuff freezes well. I've only had to resort to that method once because it just doesn't last long enough.

I will not tell you how many pieces I ate. I haven't come out of my coma long enough to realize the quantity and when I do I won't be talkin'. Humph!

3 comments:

Cheyenne said...

I just wanted to take a bite out of my screen. I love pizza and I can't have it as much as I want it...24/7. But I do have some occasionally, just not enough to suit me.

Tabor said...

Hubby and I went out for pizza after the Father's Day BBq at my daughters house. Hubby had eaten enough, but I hadn't stuffed myself and lunch and needed more food. So, we also had a pizza at a famous place here called Armands. I had the "Harold." Crumbled bacon, spinach, cheese, sliced tomatoes--two types, mushrooms,garlic and cheese. TOO DIE FOR!

Peruby said...

Ladies - It is so nice to hear that others crave this stuff as much as I do. This pizza from Ray's is pretty simple, but I also love varieties and have taken to liking spinach on mine also.