Thursday, November 02, 2006

Rose hitch hiker


A little hitch hiker on the rose

I didn't see the fly until after I downloaded the pictures onto my P.C. and began cropping them. He is hanging there upside down. Probably enjoying his last hours with the sweet scent and refreshing water droplets.


I returned to my place of work today to find the offices closed because the electricity was off. I had been out of town attending a regional meeting. Yesterday the gas, today the electricity. What next, the water? Perish the thought! I went to the bathroom in the pitch black when I returned to the office. Hey, what else can you do at a meeting besides drink coffee?

I went home and worked from there. I can do about 90% of my office work at home anyway. Maybe even 100% if they let me use my work cell phone all of the time instead of my desk phone.

Didn't hear anything negative at the meeting. That is good. The tech guy hosting the meeting had to show us a slide presentation of his server farm that his career center purchased for $62k. In the business world, that wouldn't seem like a lot, but to the schools it was like dangling a piece of hot fudge cake in front of their noses. The public school systems can't afford that kind of expense. What was the guy doing? Bragging? Showing off? What a prince. (you know I wanted to type the other word here!)

2 comments:

Tabor said...

I don't know your politics but your whole blog reflects exactly how badly this administration manages the country. We will be just like Russia someday if we don't start getting some fiscal responsibility and focus on the important stuff--universal health care---decent educational infrastructure--environmental issues (your fly is dying from the acidic rain--OK maybe not--sorry I got carried away!)

Peruby said...

Tabor - somebody in the meeting made the wisecrack to the guy during his demonstration "No wonder you have a levy up for renewal!"

That got quite a few laughs. But then, almost every other school district represented at this meeting has a levy up for renewal.

I am not sure I know what category I fall under, I just get a gut feeling or a nagging inside me when I feel that something is not right.