
Our Park lake
The sky was rather interesting this evening from the park. I went there to photograph the ducks and wild geese. Even though we have a lot of mallards, the color just wasn't there. It was late in the day and I didn't have enough sunlight to bring out the emerald green of their heads. So, I aimed for the sky.
The tennis and basketball courts were empty. There were a group of men who came to play Bocce right before I left. I watched a couple of small family groups feeding the ducks and that was about all for this November Sunday.
It was a weekend for everybody to get out their rakes and leaf blowers. Most of the time I rake, but this year I plugged in the noisy, heavy leaf blower. I am getting the hang of it. At least I didn't blow them all in the neighbor's yard. They are at the edge of the street waiting for the city to vacuum them up in their big, dirty, white street machine.
I've been busy reading and researching the levies, issues and candidates for Tuesday. I think I can see why my Mom never voted. If you are going to vote, you have to be serious. Very serious. It isn't something to be taken lightly. You have to work at it.
2 comments:
Peruby, please vote. You don't have to vote on all the issues or candidates, but find something you understand and care about and vote. Don't give away that very important power. I have sitting on my dining room table a ten page print-out of my state's ballot from the League of Women voters--that I got over the Internet. I STILL have to read it, but I will tonight so that I am ready for tomorrow.
I didn't mean to say I wouldn't vote. I will. I even went over a few topics with my 19 year old niece so that she can better understand the process. And how they word the issues and how it can confuse us.
It is just that sometimes it is such a headache and work because I want so badly to do the right thing. It makes me angry when I hear the whiners out there who don't vote or won't take the time to educate themselves.
I have a co-worker who smokes and she didn't even realize that there were issues on the ballot about this. We could really use her vote on the school's levy but she is totally oblivious.
Post a Comment