Sunday, November 19, 2006

The Chef


A Christmas tree Chef

I thought this fellow was kind of cute. He mostly covered a tree that was decorated in tiny kitchen utensils. The huge baguette for his necktie just really evens him out. He was one of the trees at the museum.

Where did the week-end go? I have tried, but I cannot recall anything I did on Saturday morning. Before lunch and the museum. What? I can recall Friday night, Saturday afternoon and evening and today I was away visiting and setting up a computer for a friend. But Saturday morning is a big blank. I think I cleaned.

It (the week-end) is gone and it is back to work on Monday. Friday was so nice because we had a huge meal where everyone brought a covered dish. I did deviled eggs and cheese ball. This year there were more desserts than dinner food. And, my God what sweet dishes they were! There were pumpkin rolls, pumpkin/cool whip dip, pumpkin cheesecake, pumpkin cookies, pumpkin trifle, pecan pie, pumpkin coffee cake, pumpkin pie, apple pie, and more.

For Thursday I am making a vegetable/dip tray. I am not sure what else. I will make my big meal for here at the house on Friday or Saturday, depending on when the rest of the crew will be here to eat it. It is too sad to go to a family member's house for Thanksgiving dinner and return to your own home where there are no leftovers. Too sad!

1 comment:

Miki said...

I couldn't agree with you more about the "no leftovers" thing. I do miss it, but tradition is that we go to the in laws' for Thanksgiving, I do Christmas, so that is when I get my left overs, I even have a left over supper the night after xmas, so it cuts down on the too much factor. Glad that you had a nice time at the work thingy, sounds like people are pumpkined up this year. I made three pumpkin pies for the folks here at the house, and pumpkin bread yesterday, I can't explain it, I was on a roll! Have a great Thanksgiving!